Anti-Inflammatory Red Smoothie Recipe made with raw beets, strawberries, dates, apples and superfood coconut oil. Even kids would drink this powerhouse red smoothie.
Table of Contents
Tasty, pretty and healthy red smoothie with raw beets, juicy strawberries and a generous dose of healthy fats from coconut oil.
Ingredients for Red Smoothie
To make this anti-inflammatory red smoothie recipe, you will need just a few simple ingredients.
- Beets: The antioxidant betalain gives them their signature color and is an excellent anti-inflammatory. When added to the diet, health benefits of beets include repairing cells and adding high levels of inflammation-fighting potassium and magnesium.
- Coconut Oil: Lipids (fats) and spices create strong anti-inflammatory compounds, especially coconut oil and the components of turmeric. Health benefits of coconut oil include possible reduced inflammation, improved oral health, reduced hunger and antioxidants.
- Dates: I used pitted Medjool dates but you can use regular dates.
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries will work. Note that fresh strawberries are more sweet.
- Apple: Sliced fresh apple or frozen apple and it is optional ingredient for this red smoothie.
- Milk: I used unsweetened almond milk but any milk will work.
How to Make Red Smoothie
To make this anti-inflammatory bread smoothie you will need just to add all ingredients to a blender and pulse.
To a high speed blender, add beads, strawberries, coconut oil, dates, apple and milk. Process for about 4 to 5 minutes or until very smooth. It does take a while.
Poor and enjoy!
What Else Can I Add to Red Smoothie?
Add up to 1 and 1/2 cup of the following fruits and vegetables to keep red smoothie of red color and taste good:
- Red cabbage
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, chia seeds, hemp hearts, or flaxseed for more health benefits.
You can add leftover cooked beets like instant pot beets to this smoothie. It’s a great way to use up leftovers. Just note that the health benefits will change.
You sure can use frozen beets to make this smoothie. It will be more thick/
Strawberries and dates definitely make this red smoothie palatable because beets are known to have an earthy taste. My kids loved this red smoothie because it was sweet and pretty in colour.
Are using frozen strawberries there is no need to add ice to the smoothie. However if none of your fruits are frozen, feel free to add one cup of ice for a more pleasant consistency.
You can still use regular blender but the red smoothie consistency want to be as smooth and may affect the taste. High-speed blenders I love are Vitamix, Blendtec and Ninja.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
Anti-Inflammatory Red Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and process until very smooth, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.