6 things you need to know about frozen cauliflower rice:
- You can buy frozen cauliflower rice at Trader Joe’s or Costco’s produce fridge (fresh but you can freeze it because it spoils fast).
- Cook with frozen cauliflower rice the same way you would cook with fresh – no need to thaw, just add a few minutes to cooking time.
- One bag of frozen cauliflower rice replaces medium head of cauliflower.
- Use in recipes that call for chopped cauliflower – chances are further instructions will ask you to puree it, or you will just end up with slightly different texture meal.
- You can make you own frozen cauliflower rice by simply processing florets in a food processor, and then freezing in gallon size Ziploc bags.
- You can make cauliflower rice from frozen cauliflower florets, however its texture is more mushy but saves time and cleanup. Microwave frozen cauliflower to thaw, drain and process in a food processor.
Also make sure to check out other cauliflower rice recipes: 25 cauliflower rice recipes in 30 minutes.