This Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing is a burst of sweet and tangy flavors made in 10 minutes using simple ingredients. Use it to dress, dip, or glaze your salads, veggies, and more!
Table of contents
Now I’m adding this sweet and tangy dressing to my list. And I must say, it’s lip-smacking amazing just like our favorite spicy mustard recipe!
It’s perfect for summer salads loaded with leafy greens, and it can also bring a little sunshine to your fall and winter salads made with legumes, seeds, and dried fruit.
That’s not all! My kids love using it as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets or raw veggies.
Made with simple ingredients in 10 minutes, this is so much healthier than the store bought salad dressing.
We get to avoid the preservatives, added sugars, and unhealthy oils and make it exactly how we want it. I know you’re going to love this dressing as much as I do!
Ingredients You Will Need
I used all organic ingredients to make this homemade honey mustard sauce, but I know that’s not always possible. Use what you have, it’ll still taste great!
- Raw honey: This honey is unpasteurized which means it’s not processed like regular honey so it retains more of its nutrients.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Used to emulsify the mustard, bringing it together into a cohesive mixture.
- Yellow mustard: I prefer this over Dijon mustard, but if you like yours with a bit of a kick, feel free to swap.
- White vinegar: A plain vinegar with no additional flavors is great as it won’t alter the taste of the dressing like apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar would. You can also use white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Fresh lemon juice: If you want you can use half the amount and replace it with more vinegar. Depends on how citrusy you want it.
- Water: This is optional. Use it to thin out your dressing if desired. Skip it if you’re using it as a dip or spread.
- Salt & ground black pepper: To taste!
How to Make Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing
My one hang up with homemade dressings is that they need to be quick, easy, and with no more than 1 line of instruction. So, see below for your one line!
Grab a bowl, add your ingredients, and whisk away until completely blended and smooth!
How to Use Honey Mustard Dressing
There are more ways to use it than just on salads!
- Salad dressing for lettuce salad salad is perfect!
- Use it to dip almond crusted chicken or raw veggies when you’re tired of salads!
- Smear it on top of your ham and Swiss sandwich.
- This irresistible condiment can be used as a glaze for salmon and chicken.
How to Store
Easily double or triple the amount of dressing you make and store it for up to 1 week in the fridge. I’m sure your friends or neighbors would like a jar of homemade dressing too!
I like to use a glass jar so that I can just give it a shake and pour straight from the jar.
Absolutely. Raw honey, for starters, is antimicrobial and has a ton of nutrients. This dressing also avoids any preservatives, and refined sugars, and is naturally gluten free and dairy free.
Definitely! Use plain Greek yogurt for a thicker creamier dressing.
You could try agave nectar or maple syrup instead of honey.
Absolutely. Stone ground mustard will have a more robust flavor, or Dijon which is very similar except the brown mustard seeds have been ground to release the spice. So, it’s the hotter choice.
More Healthy Salad Dressings
- Poppy seed dressing
- Raspberry vinaigrette
- Asian salad dressing
- Healthy caesar dressing
- Avocado cilantro dressing
Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a medium bowl, add honey, olive oil, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until smooth and adjust any seasonings to taste.
- Drizzle over salads or use as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets and raw veggies.
- Store: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Lemon juice: Substitute with more vinegar, just half the lemon juice amount.
- Water: Add water for a thinner consistency, a salad dressing, and skip it for a thicker one, a dipping sauce.
- This recipe makes about half of the bottle you see in pictures, 1/2 cup.